1) Tell us about yourself and your family. I'm a New Orleans native, but have lived in Texas longer than Louisiana now. I attended TCU where I met my husband, Hunter, and have been here ever since. Hunter and I have three lively boys ages 10, 8, and 4 and a senior dog named Pete. I'm a full-time mom which is more like chauffeur these days, and wouldn't trade it for the world! We do a lot of swimming, fishing, gardening, lego builds, and youth sports. You can also find us worm hunting the Ridglea North streets after a good rain.
2) How long have you lived in Ridglea North? Just one year. We took possession of our home two days before the ice storm of 2021, thankfully we didn’t have any damage. We moved here from Mistletoe Heights and thought we would never find a neighborhood we loved as much - but we have fallen in love with Ridglea North and are so thankful to be here.
3) What’s your favorite neighborhood activity or event? My parents just moved here from New Orleans, and they now live across the street from us. So my new favorite activity is walking across the street to visit with them. My best friend and former college roommate just happens to live a block away-so impromptu visits with her are on top of the list too. We also love swinging and playing in the front yard with other neighbors and visiting with people (and their dogs) as they walk by. Halloween was also super fun this year-so many people trick or treating.
4) What’s your favorite thing to do in Fort Worth? Eat and drink! I love all the fabulous restaurants that have opened in Fort Worth. Enjoying a margarita on a patio is definitely at the top of my list. My family also loves the FW waterfall, the Stock Show & Rodeo, Hunters Extravaganza, and going to TCU sporting events.
5) What’s your best advice on being a good neighbor? Neighbors are so fun because we get to know people in different phases of life and there isn't any planning necessary to see each other. I try to be open to impromptu porch visits, front yard chats, walks, or just sharing a cup of sugar when needed.